A blog about the experiences and adventures in the Republic of Georgia. Here you will find pictures, almost-daily journals, and creative/challenging/absurd stories. Please indulge. Be blessed and not offended.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

After Armenia...

...I went to a Svan Supra (I wasn't allowed into Armenia). I don't have pictures of the Supra, only pictures after the Supra, when they were trying to convince me to stay the night. During the Supra, however, I was adopted by the Svan fellow with sunglasses.





Here are some pics.
We got a flat tire before leaving Tbilisi.

Svan Tower Replica, in a village near the Armenian border.

The Svan who adopted me (left), another Svan, and the Toastmaster (right)Father, adopted son (me), and real son (who kidnapped his current wife)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger aimee said...

Seriously kidnapped his current wife? Sounds like something from the book of Judges (specifically Chapter 21 verse 23). Why did I think of that when I saw the caption... who knows? I hope all is well.

11:29 AM

 
Blogger M.A.P. said...

He said so during the Supra. Supposedly only Svans kidnap their wives (only if a particular woman does not like the man that likes her). I've heard that it happens in Tbilisi sometimes too.

If it's in Judges, it's biblical isn't it?

1:43 AM

 
Blogger Aimee said...

interesting. haha

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home