A blog about the experiences and adventures in the Republic of Georgia. Here you will find pictures, almost-daily journals, and creative/challenging/absurd stories. Please indulge. Be blessed and not offended.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Didi Mama Petre




What in the heavens is this title I am using? (you might ask). Well, you ask it appropriately -- 'what in the heavens'. Didi Mama Petre means Great Father Peter (or in my case: Peder).

How did I acquire such a title? Let's just say I embellished a humble title I was legitimately gifted.

One celebratory night, the night before the great hike over 7 Georgian mountains, this name was bestowed upon me by the Baptist Bishop (truly, Baptist and a Bishop) of the Republic of Georgia. Bishop Malkhaz, the Toastmaster that night, dubbed me "Mamao Petre" - "Father Peder." Perhaps some folks were inclined to see me as a clerical figure -- look at my beard!

After that toast, I stood up and added very arrogantly and in extremely broken Georgian that I was Great Father Peder.

His response was immediate and legitimate. He said "Mamao Petre, sit down, you are getting too ambitious!"

I have settled with the name Mama petre (or Mamao Petre), but have found much use in the addition "Didi". I've heard "Didi Mama", "P-Didi Mama", "PDM", "P-Didi", you get the point. Soon I'll be a rapper. A rapper and a priest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eka barnovi said...

Hey,my lovely boy!gamarjoba,Dido Mama Peder

6:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home