A blog about the experiences and adventures in the Republic of Georgia. Here you will find pictures, almost-daily journals, and creative/challenging/absurd stories. Please indulge. Be blessed and not offended.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Mestia, Svaneti

I do owe a huge apology to all of you. Please forgive my absence of posts. I do, however, have an exceptional excuse, and that is that I have not been able to access internet, much less a computer for about a week and a half now. I have been in the mountains of Svaneti for the past week gathering information for my ethnographic paper. I'm writing about the Svans. They are known to be the 'purest' Georgians because they have mixed the least with other groups such as the Persians and Turks (during those invasions). It is a very difficult region to access, the roads are terribly, and there are sporadic kidnappings of foreigners, etc. Luckily I've managed to avoid any kind of crime thus far.

I will give more details about where I have visited and what I have done once I return to Tbilisi. I don't want to give to much information yet on where I am. I'll be back soon. I have some good stories to post, stay tuned!

peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Grisham said...

Glad to to kno wyou are doing ok. I am loking forward to recap of your time away.
Peace,
MOLLY

6:12 AM

 
Blogger Aimee said...

Good to hear. I'm excited for the stories.

8:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home