A blog about the experiences and adventures in the Republic of Georgia. Here you will find pictures, almost-daily journals, and creative/challenging/absurd stories. Please indulge. Be blessed and not offended.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Church Service, a Feast, and Merriment

Merab, Gela, Zauri, Uncle Paul, David, and I went to two Church services last Sunday in the region of Ajara. Here are some pictures of the second service. There were about 30 people present, mostly children and youth. Merab and Gela both gave messages. The messages were about trusting Jesus. Merab spoke about how Simon Peter had been fishing all night long and had caught nothing. When Jesus met him in the morning Jesus told Peter to go fishing again. Peter, being a professional fisherman and knowing that it wasn't peak fishing time, probably couldn't understand why Jesus (a carpinter) was telling him to fish at that particular time. But Peter said something like "I will do it only because you tell me." And then Peter ended up catching so many fish that the nets started breaking.

So, here are some photos.


The room where the service was taking place

Paul addressing the congregation (Paul, were you preaching?)
Adults and Youth
Youth
The Tamada or Toastmaster (after the service)
I can't believe I have uploaded this photo.
This guy was teaching me a Georgian dance.

5 Comments:

Blogger asprockitrockit said...

I Hope You Dance
by Lee Ann Womack

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat, but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
Hope you dance

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along

Dance
I hope you dance

10:05 AM

 
Blogger bbnana said...

Ang is great! I agree! I love your dancing moves! haha!! You took away the picture of your crocks in the snow! But you are right they do not mix! I love your journals! Miss you friend! Did you get my card in the mail yet?

10:57 AM

 
Blogger bbnana said...

And yes... that would be crocs...

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Molly Grisham said...

There is a rumor out that there that you are not feeling too well. Hum, maybe you are a little under the weather because you've been running around snowcapped mountains with no real shoes on! HA! Get well P-Didi.

Peace,
MOLLY

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Eka barnovi said...

there you are realy crazy guy!you are very funny,I lough more!

10:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home