A blog about the experiences and adventures in the Republic of Georgia. Here you will find pictures, almost-daily journals, and creative/challenging/absurd stories. Please indulge. Be blessed and not offended.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Weekend Hike

On Friday and Saturday I went on an overnight hike. We hiked over several mountains until we found a nice place to stay the night, under the stars... under the clouds. It rained most of the night, and we had no tents. So we got soaked. But we had a fire to keep warm. I tried to dry my shoes, my Crocs, but that turned out to be a bad idea since I melted them. My feet didn't even feel the heat, and my Crocs suddenly became deformed. It was a pity. The hike turned out to be quite wonderful though. There was good company.

The pictures of the hike.

(L-R) Merab, Malkhaz, Davit, Shako, Giga, Zura, Misha
(Front) Nino, Mukmaniani
Davit, Malkhaz, MerabZuraMukmanianiNato, Tamuna
Through the forestAnd into the snow
Taking a break

As night approaches we make our final climb

Drying wet socks and shoes by the fire (and melting Crocs)

3 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

I've melted my shoes via a fire pit before too..

6:26 PM

 
Blogger Molly Grisham said...

P Didi . . . how many times must I comment about the crocs! Goodness . . . put some shoes on boy!

Peace,
MOLLY

7:28 PM

 
Blogger Eka barnovi said...

Dido mama petre,it's cool!
I agree u,you must returne in Georgia,we wait u!

6:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home