A blog about the experiences and adventures in the Republic of Georgia. Here you will find pictures, almost-daily journals, and creative/challenging/absurd stories. Please indulge. Be blessed and not offended.

Monday, March 19, 2007

A Hike

And so the hike began, up a mountain with strong winds and snow against us. I personally did not expect there to be any snow on this hike, but fortunately for me, I did in fact bring some proper shoes, as opposed to my Crocs.

Continuing our trek as the winds picked up and the snow slowly disappeared. When the wind moved the clouds, if only for a short time, one could see the northern caucasus mountains.
The snow stopped and so did we, to rest and talk.
As the second snow storm began showing its fury, we quickened our steps.
Soon it was upon us, there was no escape.
In seconds, the ground was covered in snow (as well as my camera).

Finding the path we took over the moutains as we stand in a field.

Resting on the ruins on a small mountain before finishing our trek.

Arranging for pickup.

Cave City

3 Comments:

Blogger Molly Grisham said...

P Didi - Were you thinking (or being told) the entire time, "oh, just a few more k?"!!!

Peace,
MOLLY

7:13 AM

 
Blogger M.A.P. said...

molly... for real. haha. the wind was blowing to much that my question was drowned out... the # of k's were drowned out too. So I had no idea how much longer. Honestly, I thought we were going to hike all the way to Tbilisi, because I heard malkhaz say that we'd be back in town in the evening. But, as you know, Cave city is near Gori... a.k.a. one heck of a walk from Tbilisi.

1:34 AM

 
Blogger Aimee said...

Your pictures are amazing.

6:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home